1998 XR400 Bike Specifications:Engine: 397cc dry-sump four-stroke engine
Radial Four-Valve Combustion Chamber (RFVCC) for maximum combustion efficiency and horsepower.
High-efficiency oil cooler supplements the cooling effect of the oil-carrying frame and the large cylinder head fins.
Gear-driven counterbalancer for engine smoothness.
Dual intake and exhaust ports
Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner
Bore and Stroke: 85 x 70mm
Compression Ratio: 9.3:1
Valve Train: SOHC; four-valve RFVC
Carb - 36mm piston-valve
Ignition: Solid-state CD with electronic advance
Suspension Front: 43mm Showa cartridge leading-axle fork with 18-way compression and 12-way rebound damping adjustability 11.0 inches travel.
Suspension Rear: Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring preload, 16-position compression and 16-position rebound damping adjustability 11.8 inches travel.
Brakes Front: Single disc with twin-piston caliper
Brakes Rear: Single disc
Tires Front: 80/100-21
Wheelbase: 56.1 inches
Seat Height: 36.6 inches
Ground Clearance: 12.2 inches
Dry Weight: 256.8 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 2.5 gallons, including 0.4-gallon reserve
New for 1998:
· Redesigned airbox and cover latch hold air filter more securely in place.
· Less restrictive muffler with new three- chamber design allows for better power output
· Redesigned, more durable kickstarter arm.
· Front fork features increased spring rate and redesigned compression valve for improved performance.
· Pro-Link® linkage needle-bearings provide smoother, more compliant rear suspension action.
· CR-bend handlebar gives improved rider position.
· More durable right footpeg bracket
· Stronger rear subframe.
· New Team Honda-inspired colors